Wouldn't it be cool if you had a British Accent? Then you could say stuff like, "Don't get your knickers in a twist!" when your kids are crying. Now when I say, Don't get your knickers in a twist, I just sound like an American with a bad southern accent. Don't geet yer kni...CKers in aye twee...sssst. It is lame.
I would also say stuff like Brilliant, Indeed!, Rubbish and Bob's your uncle. I could say a bunch of that stuff right now, but it just doesn't sound as good without the accent. Bummer.
5 comments:
Kellie! I totally agree. I've been watching this British series called MI-5 and I'm learning all these new words, but I would sound like an idiot using them. BTW, you guys might like it. It's about spooks (British for spys:) It also has all the Masterpiece Theater guys in it. The main guy right now is Mr. Darcy from the Kira Nightly one. Although, Wentworth eventually takes his place. Also, a bunch of other British actors. Like the one I watched last night had the guy that Alice (Alice in Wonderland) Fiance. Although, the do use a few words a bit loosely....just a heads up. .....in-case you wanna watch it......because it's awesome!
Oh, another thing. The British talk like 10 speeds faster than we do.
Oh my heavens! I just clicked on your blog and saw that it is updated. Wow. I have missed out on so much. I love Isabel's Annie pictures. And what was that crazy adventure Gary participated in? Looks absolutely crazy, but so fun. Glad you are blogging again so I can keep up on what is going on with you.
I totally agree Kellie, I think watching Harry Potter recently brought up the yearning again! I love your blog and being able to see what you have been up to! Way to rock the marathon, my gosh!
Tell everyone hello, when I get a moment I'm going to update my blog, we'll see....will you send me your new address on facebook so I can send you a Christmas card?
I would say "bloody" all the time because it is a swear, but not really. :)
Post a Comment