Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Day at the Forrest's...where we are always thankful and the fun never ends!!

Well, Thanksgiving was fantastic. I am pretty sure it is my favorite holiday. I am thinking we need Thanksgiving weekend, if not once a month, then at least every quarter. Can I hear an "Amen"!?

Okay, so first off, the cousins dressed up and played and played while the adults were cooking and by cooking, I mean, cooooookin'! Sorry, it is late and I am tired.



We had a small crowd this year, but bigger than last year. Last year, we had to beg Megan to come, so she did and she loved it so much that we didn't have to beg her again. Although, that might have had something to do with Ryan and Hollie being there this time, you think? Noooooo. This is the best picture that I have of Ryan. He looks great, doesn't he?

As we were coming down to the last things to be cooked, simmered, warmed up, stirred, Megan dazzled us with her awesome cranberry de-canning skills. Amazing.
And it just gets better. Megan, that is going to be your job every year, for sure, because you are awesome at it!!!

Gary is a genius at roasting Turkeys. He says, "Too dry!" I say, "Too amazing, pass the gravy!!"

Here is the pre-thanksgiving spread, along with an awesome table display that I bought at Hobby Lobby for...are you ready..$3.50. I'm not lying! No sir!
not me!

We went to get our extra tables from the crawl space to add more room for the kiddos, however we got there and they were gone. The thoughts were that maybe we lent them to someone and didn't get them back, maybe we misplaced them or duh! maybe they are in the office because we threw away an old desk and put the tables in there until we get something new which...yeah... so we brought up a preschool table. It worked very nicely.



Isabel got to sit at the adult table, even though Gary told her that HE had to sit at the kids table until he was sixteen. Times are
a'changing.


We were too busy eating to get photos of that and boy, were we stuffed. I think 30 minutes later we all rolled into the kitchen for pies!!!



Chocolate satin for Lucy.


Chocolate Satin for Isabel.


And for Gary....apple blueberry pie from Estes Park pies courtesy of a one hour round trip drive from Longmont to Estes Park by none other than Hollie. I am pretty sure that this was Gary's favorite part of the meal. When we went to Estes this summer, we had to get him at least three slices of that pie and one whole pie to take home with us. Heaven!!



Then we ended the night with some fun friendly family games. I don't know what Hollie and Megan are doing, but I have a million pictures of them like this on my camera.
see?

London Bridges? I don't really know.



Meagan washing Hollie right our of her hair.


One of my BFF's. Lucy!
Isabel schooled us all in phase 10. It was her first time playing and she only rubbed it in a little. You should of seen her the next night when she was losing...not pretty. We will have to work on that.

This is Megan losing it because she was losing by hundreds and hundreds of points. Sorry, Megan, so sad.

I love this pic. Megan, don't stop loving me!!!!



We had a great time. Well, WE did. Hollie got pretty sick that night and when I say sick, I mean, it was not pretty. So, I am not sure this was her best Thanksgiving ever!! We were glad we got to share it with our family. Thanks for coming, family!!

11 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Will you write a children's book for my kids? You are amazing! That Thanksgiving looks UBBER fantastic, maybe one year we can do it together!! Love you!

Sorry Hollie got sick. Tell her that.

Behind the Lens said...

Oh Kellie, I used to love you until you posted that picture. I Heart you no MORE!!!

My heart is broken....
that was an awesome time though!

Hollie said...

That was the best time ever except for the food, I don't know what went wrong, but it felt like evil coming up....and out.

I love Megan, she is so fun to play with:) I'm not quite sure what we were doing, but it sure was fun!

Great pictures Kellie!

Hollie said...

Oh, by the way. Megan totally looks more like the kids Aunt than I do in that picture at the counter with Ryan hiding. All those blond haired kids. Too cute!

Laura said...

I seriously want to be considered as a guest for your next family gathering. I am sitting here laughing away and I wasn't even there. I may even volunteer to bring tables and that special pie! Keep smiling!

Anonymous said...

Looks like wonderful fun and food! Looking forward to seeing you at Christmas!
Marsha

Familia Peña said...

Looks and sounds like you guys had a great time!!! It is always fun to get together with family and friends.

Love ya
Darci

2595 W 1440 N
Provo UT 84601

Anonymous said...

Me again! I did not know about your agreement with Meg before I commented so you are not obligated to remove the picture:) Yes, plotting against my own daughter:):) Marsha

kellie said...

Oh, thanks Marsha, I did want to leave it there. I am so excited. We just love Megan. See you soon.

Hollie said...

That's awesome Marsha!!!!

We also have Christmas to get many more pictures of Megan. Hey, maybe enough to make a collage of Megan like she made of all my horrible pictures that Ryan gave her. Sorry Megan....I must have revenge!!!! I still heart you though!

Anonymous said...

Mom I want it to be Christmas soon.
ISABEL