Friday, November 28, 2008

A Letter to Isabel (Finallly!)




Dear Isabel,
You are fabulous and by fabulous, I mean, FAB-U-LOUS!! Remember that time you interviewed yourself and asked yourself what all of your favorite things were. That was funny. It seemed like that just happened yesterday. Oh, yeah, it was yesterday. Still, it was funny.
You have a wonderful sense of fashion. I use to have that. Every now and then you ask me if you can have a shirt of mine when I am done with it and that makes me feel cool because you like my stuff. You want to be a famous actress. If you could you would be in High School Musical 25, if they have that, they probably will. Maybe you can start as an extra then get "discovered". That would be awesome for you. I don't mind if you don't become famous because if you are famous you will have to live in California and I will live in Colorado. But I guess you can fly me to California on your private jet. Although those things make me nervous.

One thing I would like to say is that I am sorry that you were born first. I know you would rather be born last or in the middle. But, I think you were supposed to be born first because you are such an awesome helper. You are getting so old. I can't believe it. Remember when you were little and you would say, "ala go la target"? That was so cute. Remember when you would dress up in one of my slips, wear your purple jacket and some long fake pearls and sing like Miss Hanagan from Annie. That was so cute too. Another thing that I remember about you when you were little is that you could not watch a Disney Movie without changing costumes with the main character of the show. I remember thinking, "Can she just not sit and watch the show without having to make costume changes all the time?" But you couldn't and I am glad you didn't, because you were cool like that.


Well, I about fell over the other day when I realized that you will get to come to New Beginnings at church in January because you will be headed into Young Women's this year. No Way!! I still can't believe it! You are awesome, fun, funny, nice, cute, smart, beautiful, witty, down to earth, sensitive, happy, and just plain cool. It has been fun talking to you after school and hearing about all the things that have happened to you in the day. I hope you had a really fun birthday this year and I hope you know how much you are loved by your family. My favorite sound is when you and Lucy are playing or planning something and you are both giggling and having a good time or when you are dancing with Jack and John and teaching them High School Musical moves. They all think you are soooo cool!

So, I hope you like your letter. I like you.
Love,
Mom

5 comments:

Laura said...

What a fun letter! Love the birthday letter idea! Isabel you are cool just like your mom was at your age. Come to think about it...your mom is still one of the coolest people I know! Have a wonderful year!

Linds Forrest said...

You are the best Mom Kellie!! Isabel rocks, love her to pieces!!

Anonymous said...

I know I do rock!
Isabel

kellie said...

Did I add that you are also very humble?

Hollie said...

Isabel, you do rock!!!! I love the letter Kellie!