Holy Cow, she is NOT 11!!!!
OH, but she is!!!! My baby, Isabel, turned 11 last week. Here is the run down of the day. She woke up!! Yay! That is always good. This is the first year she has gone to school on her birthday because we have always been off-track, so that means that she did not have time to open very many presents in the morning. She did get a microphone, then she was headed off to school. Instead of a treat this year, she decided to hand out plastic glasses with a big nose and a mustache because she is funny like that.
After school, she came home and opened more presents. When she was done, we said, "Was there anything you wanted that you didn't get?" and she said, "Yes, a microphone stand." I said, "Oh, well, maybe you can get that for Christmas. Why don't you go in the other room and turn on your new Jonas Brother's CD." I said that a couple of times and Isabel started to get suspicious. She backed up in the other room. Slowly and giggly....
...all she could do was back up and laugh, a nervous kind of laugh. I said, "What is wrong with you? Just go turn on your music." But, all she could do was laugh. (Later, she told me that she was too nervous to turn around.)
Then she saw it and kept laughing. She couldn't believe it. Now, she could become a Rock Star, like she always wanted to be. She was so happy.
We were lucky to have Grandpa Forrest visiting. He ate dinner (pasta salad...the dinner picked out by the birthday girl) and cake with us.
"Why was she born so beautiful, why was she born at all? She's no darn good to anyone, she's no darn good at all? For she's a jolly good fellow, for she's a jolly good fellow, for she's a jolly good fellow, and so says all of us...(that is how you end a birthday song in the Forrest Family).
Again, I have to tell you all over and over again, that I am not fancy. I don't know if I could be if I tried, even with the Wilton Method Cake Decorating class that I took in college with my buddies and my awesome teacher, Dorkus. I am not even kidding, that was her name. We made Isabel's cake and I couldn't find the icing that I bought (in a tube, for decorating). So we used these small tube's that I bought.Isabel made the chicken. I thought it was very cute.
It was a great day. Isabel is an awesome kid and I am so glad she is ours. We love you, Isabel!! We hope you had a great birthday!!!
8 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISABEL!!! You rock our world! (that is suppossed to be nice and cool, not disturbing and gross!)
That is one awesome cake! Cute pictures of Isabel seeing her microphone stand!! :)
Happy Birthday Isabel! Looks like a fun birthday. That poor Dorkus lady--can you even imagine? Her parents must have really loved Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (there's a Dorkus in that).
so did everyone get their own carton of ice cream?!! you guys don't mess around for birthdays! i love the nervous giggle!!!
Oh yeah, we sorta have a thing for ice cream! I wondered if anyone would notice that.
Wow-
Happy belated birthday Isabel. We so remember when you were a newborn. It is amazing to think how fast that 11 years has gone by. Can't wait to hear you perform. Your mom will have to post a video of your rock show!
Hope you had a wonderful day!
Happy birthday Isabel. Well belated that is. It is crazy how old they are getting. Malory turns 12 in a week! and has one more week in primary before she starts young women!!! Crazy stuff!
Hey, I want a microphone... Then I could really do the buttercup song in style! Happy belated birthday Isabel! You are like cute and stuff... Will you say my name on stage when you win an oscar years down the road? :) Just kidding of course...
Heather the spaz!!
Happy Birthday Isabel, late.... holy cow that is a lot of ice cream
Post a Comment