Thursday, April 01, 2010

Wicked in San Fran

Lately, I have been quite the world traveler and I would be lying if I said that it wasn't awesome because it has been... so AWESOME!!.

The beginning of March, I planned a little get-a-way with my sister-in-law Chris to San Fransisco. We stayed with James and Lindsey Forrest...who are living there at the moment (who are also awesome)....more about them later.

The very first day we headed to San Fransisco and bought tickets to Wicked. We got third row tickets for $40.00...yes, that is right...$40.00. Can you believe it?

Can I just tell you how awesome it was to be so close to the stage? You could see the detail of the costumes, the facial expressions of the actors, and all kinds of awesome stuff. Every twenty minutes or so, I would look at Chris and say..."I can't stop smiling." The theater is so cool and the talent is just amazing.

James was so nice to drop us off and come back and pick us up. He risked his life hanging out in San Fran at night waiting for us to finish watching the show...he is the best. James, you are the best.


While we were waiting for James, we decided to take some pictures....Chris thought she spotted a dancer.





Then as Chris took my picture, I saw him...it was Fiyero. See I am saying..."Holy Cow, it is Fiyero!!"

See....
So, we got our pictures taken with Fiyero and Boq. I would have to say that I liked this Fiyero much better in the San Fran cast than in the Denver cast. You got to have a good Fiyero...you know what I mean?


Then we saw the guy that played The Wizard...does he look familiar? Well, he should. It's only Tom McGowan from Frasier. Awesome? I should say so.


We had a great time. I've got to say, I really love this play because of the message about not judging someone until you know their whole story. Usually this is a lesson we mostly have to learn the hard way. Nothing teaches this lesson better than the story of Wicked. Even when there is someone that I don't really care for or even someone I don't connect with very well, before I judge I think of Elphaba and wonder what the story of that person is....you know? You just don't know what makes a person who they are.... what makes them grouchy, happy, positive, pessimistic or even green for that matter....hmm, something to think about.

4 comments:

SB said...

I am sooo jealous of your awesomeness and that you got to see Wicked that close without me. That would have been AMAZING!!!!

sandi said...

What a fun and AWESOME getaway! When did you go? My brother was there last weekend and saw Wicked too. Wouldn't that be "Wickedly Awesome" If you both were there at the same time? Glad you had a good time!

Hollie said...

I think it would be Wickedly Awesome if we were ALL there at the same time!!! These pictures are AWESOME!!! I'm glad you guys had so much fun!!!

Steph said...

One word... Totally JEALOUS!!! Ok 2 words!!!