No really, I am being serious. Anyway, we went to Hollywood Friday around lunch time. I have never been so scared in my life. The boys were saying, "Look, there is Yoda!" and "Look, there is a Storm Trooper!" I was saying, "Yeah, that is nice, don't look them in the eye!", "Keep moving!", "We are not at Disneyland anymore!" and stuff like that.
We went there because Isabel has a fascination with Hollywood. She loves old actors and actresses. She loves the Kodak theater and has a love for the stage. I think we cured her of all that on this trip, which was nice.
(Not funny?)
A view front of Grauman's Chinese Theater and this is when the crowd slowed down a bit.
The Kodak Theater. I probably should have paid the extra $15 bucks for a tour...(yes, that is $15 per person...Crazy? I'll SAY!).
The coolest part, (and yes, there was actually a cool part about this adventure) was seeing all the hand and foot prints of different Actors. Isabel is next to Julie Andrews. She was also very excited to see Judy Garland's hands. I was excited to see the hand prints of Danny Kaye, Marilyn Monroe, Bing Crosby and some other oldies, but goodies.
After this little "hair raiser", we went off looking for a Red Mango. We thought we had the right directions for it, but found ourselves at a Korean Mall. My friend from Colorado that was trying to direct us to our destination from her computer called and said..."Hey, I think Red Mango might be in a Korean Mall." Gary said to me, "Do you want to go in there and get us something?" (It wasn't the Korean thing that bothered me, it was all the bars and wires and stuff like that.) I said, "No, do you?" He said, "Uh no." So we headed for St. George....
4 comments:
Kellie, you totally make me laugh. I'm loving reading about your trip. How did you get so lucky to go to California twice back to back?
Isabel is so pretty. And that's pretty funny about the Hell stuff. You funny.
Ha ha! If you think that was scary then I wouldn't suggest taking the Subway in NYC late at night and accidentally get off at the wrong station to realize that you look a lot richer than you ever thought that you were! And now I know what a Lion's food must feel like before they get pounced!
But Hey, these experiences build character and are great stories to tell later, right? And I am sure when we are 80 they will be even more interesting!!
Awe- fun to read about your trip and see some pictures of the adventures. We wish we could have been with you in California. However, we were really happy to have you visit in St. George. Come back anytime!
Post a Comment