Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Miracle of Blogging

I stumbled on to this little blog a few months ago. I don't even remember how I got there. But, this girl named Stephanie would post everyday. I found myself just checking everyday to see what she was up too. As I started to read her blog, I thought, "Wow this girl gets it and she has it...ALL" She is absolutely in love with her husband, she adores her kids and she is just plain happy. I liked her because she reminded me of the way I love my husband and how I love my kids, but she went one step further and told whomever would listen to her on her blog and that love totally consumed her. She truly is an example of what it means to be a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) and how the gospel of Jesus Christ in her life has brought her true joy and happiness. I found myself wanting to be more like her by expressing my love for my kids and husband more than I do.

Well, as I looked on to her blog one day there was a post from her sister saying that Stephanie had been in a private plane crash and that Stephanie and her husband had sustained terrible burns. Since that post, there have been friends, family, blogging friends and blogging lurkers (like me) stepping up to help Stephanie and her family. The response has been incredible, like nothing I have ever seen before. All you have to do is a little blog surfing and you will run into some one that will tell you about her.

Since her accident, I think about her and her little family a lot and I think about the way she lives her life. Crazy as this sounds, but because of her (someone I have never met before), I have been making more of an effort to live my life like she does by just enjoying my family a little more and being more fulfilled and happy in the role of mom and wife because it is such an important job. Just by reading her blog, I have been influenced by her, so I thought it was the very least I could do to pass along the info of Thursday, August 29th being Nie Nie Day declared by a friend of hers. She is doing a ginormous fund raiser and silent auction and it sounds like there are a bunch of other bloggers doing the same. Just click here to see what is going on.

2 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Sad for her. I have seen her on other blogs as well. Inspiring.

Let's see. The end of the Hills, well Spencer and Heidi showed up at the party of course and Brody instantly left. He didn't want to be involved in any drama. Then it got awkward for LC and Lo, so they bounced. Stephanie apologize later to LC and LC said she always stuck up for Stephanie and trusting her but now she doesn't know if she can. Spencer went to Stephanie's place and told her that if he could not be her family he would, but that he is stuck being her brother. {Harsh, right?} Man alive I love it. Let me know if you saw that part.

Kristy said...

Hi, so I was VT today when my friend started telling me about her friend in Arizona who bought her husband the schooling to get his private pilots license for a present and kept telling me all the details that seemed very similar and come to find out it was Stephanie she was talking about. It was so amazing to hear about her story and their family. I had just gone to her blog a few days ago after you shared your thoughts and was really touched. Thanks for sharing. It was a good time for me to read that. The thought that sticks with me is from her sister on ...what would you sacrifice to grow closer to the Lord (badly paraphrased). It made me think about all the trials we go through and heartaches and how they truly bring us closer to our Heavenly Father and Savior. Thanks so much for sharing. You rock!