Monday, July 07, 2008

Hollie, 2 Traylor's, 1 Trailer, a grandpa, and Longmont, Colorado


Hollie is finally moved in. Here is the trailer with all her stuff. Ahhhhh, reminds me of the good old days when Gary and I loaded up everything we owned and moved from St. Louis, Mo to Provo, Utah. Driving through wind, rain, hail, snow and more torrential winds with nothing but a blue tarp to cover our belongings, pulling off the highway and sleeping on the side of the road in the car....oh, sorry.

Grandpa Fortner, the master of moving all your junk with a trailer. Give him some duct tape, a ginormous tarp, a huge roll of shrink wrap, some open road and he is in heaven.

My kids loved playing with Grandpa Fortner. They don't get to see him a lot and it is always a treat. This picture was taken at Hollie's new apartment. Longmont is quite the jog. It is about an hour away. It would be nice if Longmont was a little closer, but I will take what I can get. Good times were had by all. I am pretty sure they are glad that they are finally setttled.

5 comments:

sandi said...

Welcome to Colorado Hollie! Kellie and you will be sick of each other in no time! JK. Have lots of fun together!

Hollie said...

Hahaha, thanks Sandi:) Kellie, those pictures are awesome! I'll see ya tomorrow.

Linds Forrest said...

CONGRATS on family being so close! That is AWESOME!! Will Hollie come run the SLC half next year? And the Wasatch Back?!! Right... oh and tell your Dad that tarp trailer contraption was RAD! Love ya Kells!

The fly-fisherman said...

WOW! That Traylor-trailer is AMAZING! Did everything arrive safe and sound? I hate moving! It seems that so much of our stuff gets damaged everytime we move:( Glad Hollie (and her stuff) finally made it to Colorado. One hour away won't be too bad. You'll just have to meet in the middle.

The fly-fisherman said...

Are you going to run the Wasatch Back? That is the greatest race. I ran it last year and had such an awesome experience. You will have so much fun!!!