Here is Lucy with her two best friends, Aubrey and Julia.
One of the fun things to do at "Wild Nights" is getting a special tour of the zoo after hours. We got to visit the giraffes, gorillas and the hippos. This hippo thought he was funny and kept resting his head on the bars of his cage.
The girls toured the zoo from about 7:00pm until 10:00pm. They were so tired. They unrolled their sleeping bags and spread out along the cabin floor. The adults got to sleep on cots, thank goodness.
We had a great time, but we were exhausted when we got back home. Girl Scouts Rock!!
3 comments:
Wow, that looks like a ton of fun!!! I've never heard of a zoo doing that...LUCKYYYYYY:)
I swear I was a girl scout (at least one year... maybe I only was a Brownie...Brownies, now that is a dumb name). Anywho, we never got to do anything cool like that. I can only remember making macaroni necklaces and selling cookies. Maybe if I had stuck it out and gone from the brown uniform to the green we would have done cooler things. I wish I had known Lucy was a Girl Scout... I could use a supply of thin mints!!!
That looks like so much fun, thanks for inviting me! NOT! This just makes me want to come out even more for the Gorilla run. How are you doing?!! I am gong to email you... probably more effective to get questions answered!! Love you always!
Post a Comment