Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Parker Ward 2nd Annual Triathlon


I know this picture has been up awhile without much explanation. So let me explain. This is the second year that our Relief Society President has put together a make-shift triathlon. We go to the Aurora Reservoir and Swim, Bike, Run. We do a Sprint Triathlon distance. It is a lot of fun. Someday, I would love to do a real one with lots of people. I was inspired when I helped Gary set up for his Olympic Triathlon the week before and saw these older ladies (probably in their sixties) setting up, giggling and having a great time. I thought, I would love to keep active and do this kind of stuff as I get older. I am not the fastest and I don't really care to be, I just really enjoy being out there an doing something cool.


I think the coolest part about the Triathlon was having Isabel there, cheering me on and helping me in my transitions. See her back there.

Swimming is my weakest sport. But, I did improve my time by 4 mins from last year. So, that was awesome. If I improve 4 minutes every year for the next three years, I could almost be the fastest swimmer. It could happen.

After the swim, I made some time up on my bike. The biking is my favorite part. In fact, I like the bike so much that I am trying to talk Gary into getting me a road bike. I have been shopping. Anyway, a story for another time, but I have test driven about five in the last couple of months. Just need to try one more....but I digress....

The look on my face is a little weird in this next picture, but that is because some friends on the side lines were reminding me about last year when I fell off my bike because I couldn't clip out fast enough. (That was embarrassing.) They said, "Hey Kellie, gives us something to talk about this year." They are so cute. I just said, "No, thank you."



When I got off my bike, Isabel was there handing me water, strapping my illegal ipod to my arm and telling me to, "Go, go, go!" Love her.

Then I ran and I do love to run. It was seriously hot. But, it was a great time.


One of the best parts about the triathlon this year was having Raquel come out from Utah to do this with me. I am hoping she is hooked and comes out again next year. I was sad that Hollie couldn't do it, but glad she recovered from her month long illness.

The neatest part about this year's triathlon, I would have to say, was watching my friend, Chris, swim for one of the first times in years since she almost drowned at 16. She was only able to do two and half laps during the swim and we need to do four and a half. So, after the triathlon was over, Gary says to her..."Chris, let's go finish the race." Gary, Chris, Eric, Patty and I all got back in the water and swam that last two and a half laps with her. I am pretty sure that is one of the coolest things that I have ever done and I was so happy to be apart of that with her.

1 comment:

Linds Forrest said...

Dude you look HOT!! :) And I love Raquel's big cheesy grin. It's my favorite. I want to hear the details. Hopefully you'll past about them, especially since I'm not a facebooker!