Sunday, December 14, 2008

Denver Parade of Lights

This year Gary had the great idea to head down to downtown Denver and see the Parade of Lights. We have lived here for 9 years and have never actually seen the Parade of Lights. So, we went for it. When we got to the Parade Route we stopped at a little place called the Corner Bakery to eat dinner. It was awesome! But, it took us so long to get our food that by the time we tried to go find a spot, this is all we could see....

Sad.

I had John on my shoulders and Isabel stood on her tippy toes.



Gary had Lucy on one shoulder and Jack on the other because he has been going to the gym. Impressive. We were bummed out a little and didn't know how long we would make it. But then a bunch of people that were sitting on this railing behind us left and we had awesome seats.

We even got to see Santa. The REAL Santa, I might add.


It was a fun night and I am pretty sure we all had a good time. See the railing in the background? Good Times!!

5 comments:

Tamara said...

Sounds like fun! Kudos to Gary on the muscles : )

Linds Forrest said...

Looks like a blast! Way to go buff Gary, you sure are mighty impressive... must be them oats! Love you guys!!

Hollie said...

Looks like fun! That's a cool picture you took of them all.

Steph said...

I have been to that once, and it was FREEZING! Awesome, but cold. I can't convince Steve to go... sometime I would like to get a hotel room on the route and watch it from a warm place... Looks like fun!

Kristy said...

How fun! Way to go Gary you buff man! You guys are way brave!