Christmas Morning 2008
Christmas Morning is one of those times when you don't have too many pictures going on...we start in the morning with good intentions, but then the excitement gets to us and pictures go out the window. This is what the kids work up too. I thought we did a good job of keeping things simple considering there are six of us in the family.
My favorite thing about Christmas morning is that the kids know that they cannot go downstairs without our traditional "top of the stairs" picture. Last year, Jack was a little freaked out about this picture and I think he thought Santa was still in our house, so he was not excited to go downstairs. This year, he made up for it by wearing his Christmas hat pretty much all day.
The kids did not know where to go first... the presents or the stockings...this was a big debate before they went to bed.
Isabel got her DS. It was fun to listen to her wonder if this was something she would get or deserve for Christmas this year. After cleaning the kitchen (on her own, I might add) she said, "Don't you think I DESERVE a Nintendo DS this year?" The other times she was like, "I don't think I am getting a DS?" Poor thing, it was torture.
Lucy is the kid in the family that is pretty much happy with anything. We kept asking her what she wanted and she really wanted a trampoline, but other than that she didn't care. We were not real hip on the trampoline idea (Just for this year, not that I have anything against them or anything. I actually would really like one myself). Other than that she said she would like "Vet" stuff. Lucy wants to be a vet when she grows up....for now. So she got some "Vet" stuff.
The boys favorite toy was probably the T-Rex they got from Grandma and Grandpa. It was a nice morning and a nice day, just relaxing and taking it easy with the Family. I love Christmas day when all the shopping is done and we can all hang out and be together.
No comments:
Post a Comment