Tomorrow is Election Day and no matter what happens, it is going to be a huge historical event. Obviously, I am a pretty republican and seeing that republicans are not that popular these days, I just wanted to point out some things that I find interesting. I am not looking for a crazy political debate. These are just some thoughts.
#1 Really, people thing that redistribution of wealth is a good thing? What happened to give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime?
#2 I have heard it said time and time again that Palin doesn't have enough experience. Well, the same could be said about Obama who is running for actual President of the U.S. That is a total slam on us "moms". I've heard celebrities say, "she is just a mom, what does she know" or she doesn't "look" smart. (Because celebrities are soooooo smart and we should really value all of their words of wisdom and they were totally a govenor of a state once). She has dealt with teenagers. Everything else should be cake! Not to mention, she has been the govenor of Alaska, what other kind of experience do you need? Being govenor has been grounds for electing presidents. I, for one, think that to have a lady in the white house who actually has kids would be the kind of change we need. Hello, she knows what mom's need. Moms, where the heck are you? She could bring a whole new perspective into the white house...A brand new one never seen before. How cool is that? I don't know, I just have this thing about moms that have kids that can balance it all and keep it together. Yeah, she has problems, but don't we all. Take Bill Clinton, for example, talk about problems and he didn't even have to take care of a bunch of kids on the side.
Just thought it would be fun write down what I thought about this election. I could write more, but those are the two that stick out to me. I think Sarah Palin is cool and tough and I, for one, would like to see what she could do. Can't be any worse than the other guy.
P.S. Stephenie, I will always love you. Don't stop loving me.
11 comments:
I agree, you are "a pretty republican" : ). I'm with you on everything you said concerning this election. I hope McCain wins, but I'm thinking Obama will. Should be interesting! I hope you're feeling better!
Well, I don't really love any of them. I mostly voted for Pro-life. One thing I do not agree with is that Obama supports letting aborted babies, that lived through abortion, be left to die. Most of the democrats didn't even agree with that. The guy scares me.
I can't wait till this election is over. I tried to watch Three Amigos on Hulu and there was freaken Obamas face through it with political commercials.
AAAAAAAMMMEEEENNNN! There are actually things I dislike about candidates also. I really wish, that Mitt had made it through, but of the two I will definetely be voting Republican. Obama scares me also. I need to vote with my moral standards, and try to protect the family. But I'm also thinking that he will win also. We'll find out soon I guess! Thanks for sharing your views, I totally agree about Mothers. It takes a lot to be a Mom, more than most realize!
Kellie~ still love you! Always will! I am the 'black-sheep' democrat in my family... so nothing new there. I just think most of them didn't know I was (usually voted)democrat... now they all do. Oh well! That's what makes the world go around... If we were all the same, we would have nothing to talk about...
ps are you coming Thursday night? Bring Hollie with you!
Steph, I still love you. I have nothing against the democrats. They actually were the first ones to help the Mormons when they had to leave Missouri and came to Illinois. Theres a little bit of history for you.
Oh, and I don't think I can make it on Thursday. Unless Ryan is actually home early. That never happens on Thursdays though. Sorry:(
I agree with you fully. I saw she was in Colorado rallying last night and thought of you being the front ropes for her! :) Our world is going to pot especially if Osama is elected. Can't wait to vote today. Hope you are feeling better!! Love and miss you tons! I am excited to see you and the family soon!!
Well said Kellie! I can't wait for the elections to be over... and I guess we will see what happens from there. I have my strong opinions that I won't necessarily share here, but I agree with you... A mom in the White House would be SO refreshing. Hope it happens.
That's funny, Tamara. I didn't even notice I said that I am "a pretty republican". I guess I better proof read a little better now that I have more readers. I was going to fix it, but I think it makes me more witty. What do you think?
You're so pretty, let's go potty!!!
Good Comments. I love that you are so BOLD! Anyway, I am making my blog private soon. Leave me a comment with your email address and I will send you an invite.
Great blog Kellie. Guess who just found me on Facebook...Brent Wagstaff. Talk about blast from the past. Isn't that funny!?! He's living in Chicago. Small world and Facebook and Blogs are making it even smaller!
Post a Comment